• About
  • Customs Report 1821-2 (and Miscellaneous Petitions to Government 1820-5) and some Earlier Customs Data, including staffing, salaries, duties including, Cork, Kinsale, Youghal, Baltimore, with mention of Bantry, Crookhaven, Glandore, Berehaven, Castletownsend, Enniskeane, Passage, Crosshaven, Cove, Clonakilty, Cortmacsherry.
  • Eoghan O’Keeffe 1656-1723, Glenville, Co. Cork later Parish Priest, Doneralie 1723 Lament in old Irish
  • Historic maps from Cork City and County from 1600
  • Horsehair, animal blood an early 18th century Stone House in West Cork and Castles.
  • Interesting Links
  • Jack Dukelow, 1866-1953 Wit and Historian, Rossmore, Durrus, West Cork. Charlie Dennis, Batt The Fiddler.
  • Kilcoe Church, West Cork, built by Father Jimmy O’Sullivan, 1905 with glass by Sarah Purser, A. E. Childs (An Túr Gloine) and Harry Clarke Stained Glass Limited
  • Late 18th/Early 19th century house, Ahagouna (Áth Gamhna: Crossing Place of the Calves/Spriplings) Clashadoo, Durrus, West Cork, Ireland
  • Letter from Lord Carbery, 1826 re Destitution and Emigration in West Cork and Eddy Letters, Tradesmen going to the USA and Labourers to New Brunswick
  • Marriage early 1700s of Cormac McCarthy son of Florence McCarthy Mór, to Dela Welply (family originally from Wales) where he took the name Welply from whom many West Cork Welplys descend.
  • Online Archive New Brunswick, Canada, many Cork connections
  • Origin Dukelow family, including Coughlan, Baker, Kingston and Williamson ancestors
  • Return of Yeomanry, Co. Cork, 1817
  • Richard Townsend, Durrus, 1829-1912, Ireland’s oldest Magistrate and Timothy O’Donovan, Catholic Magistrate from 1818 as were his two brothers Dr. Daniel and Richard, Rev Arminger Sealy, Bandon, Magistrate died Bandon aged 95, 1855
  • School Folklore Project 1937-8, Durrus, Co. Cork, Schools Church of Ireland, Catholic.
  • Sean Nós Tradition re emerges in Lidl and Aldi
  • Some Cork and Kerry families such as Galwey, Roches, Atkins, O’Connells, McCarthys, St. Ledgers, Orpen, Skiddy, in John Burkes 1833 Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland:
  • Statement of Ted (Ríoch) O’Sullivan (1899-1971), Barytes Miner at Derriganocht, Lough Bofinne with Ned Cotter, later Fianna Fáil T.D. Later Fianna Fáil TD and Senator, Gortycloona, Bantry, Co. Cork, to Bureau of Military History, Alleged Torture by Hammer and Rifle at Castletownbere by Free State Forces, Denied by William T Cosgrave who Alleged ‘He Tried to Escape’.
  • The Rabbit trade in the 1950s before Myxomatosis in the 1950s snaring, ferrets.

West Cork History

~ History of Durrus/Muintervara

West Cork History

Monthly Archives: March 2015

Carbery, Cold, Furze, Horse Islands, Dunmanus Bay, West Cork, part of Becher estate 19th century, Horse and Cold Island no cultivation value consists of right to sea-weed to be had to a considerable extent, Carbery and Furze particularly suited as salt marshes for feeding horses and black cattle, Wintering Place for Horses of Marmions of Skibbereen, Coaching Establishment later Phillips of Durrus, formerly acres of Narcissi.

11 Wednesday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ Leave a comment


https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Carbery+Island/@51.5655218,-9.6744444,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48459cc41372977b:0x498e0a9384bd0ba0

Carbery, Cold, Furze, Horse Islands, Dunmanus Bay, West Cork, part of Becher estate 19th century, Horse and Cold Island no cultivation value consists of right to sea-weed to be had to a considerable extent, Carbery and Furze particularly suited as salt marshes for feeding horses and black cattle, Wintering Place for Horses of Marmions of Skibbereen, Coaching Establishment.

Later in the late 19th century, the Philips of Durrus who also ran a coaching establishment used the small Manion island in Dunmanus Bay about 4 acres fro wintering horses. That island while grazed was cover in narcissi in spring.

When the island was used by horses their grazing enabled the Narcissi to flourish in more recent years the island has become overgrown crowding out the flowers.  Some years ago a large house was built on the island.

The Marmions came from Dundalk to Skibbereen c 1720.  They were prominent land owners, auctioneers, merchants, churchmen.

Skibbereen, West Cork, Descendants of Marmion of Dundalk, Co Louth Norman family intermarried names include Attridge, Beamish, Dowe, Jermyn, Long, Holmes, O’Driscoll, O’Sullivan, Wiseman, family involved in Land Management, Auctioneering, Transport Operators, Progressive Millers, Churchmen, descendants England, Tasmania, USA.

The Philips of Durrus ran a coaching establishment between Durrus and Bantry until the early years of the 20th century.  Until the 1950s their coaches and carriages rotting in their yard in the village.

The progress of the Attridge family from Lisheenacreaagh (Lisín-na-Creiche: little-fort-of-the-cattle-spoil), Ballydehob, West Cork to Rochester, New York, United States and Waterdown, East Flanboro. Ontario, Canada, with associated families, Gosnells, Skerkin Island, and Lees and Sheehans, photographs of Sally and William Atteridge, Rochester, born West Cork 18th century, and Protestant Hedge School Masters.

11 Wednesday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ 7 Comments


Lisheenacreagh;

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Lisheennacreagh,+Co.+Cork/@51.5994564,-9.4933398,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x4845a1fbab9e7f8d:0xc90f54789bef8b01!2sKozy+Kats+Cattery!3m1!1s0x48459f83693bc1cf:0x405f60548fe08235

Rochester:

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Rochester,+NY,+USA/@43.1854746,-77.6165028,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89d6b3059614b353:0x5a001ffc4125e61e

East Flanboro:

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Flamborough,+Hamilton,+ON+L0R,+Canada/@43.3445704,-80.054456,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x882c81bbd5b3c6a3:0x1128b52e60fa5eca

The progress of the Attridge family from Lisheenacreaagh (Lisín-na-Creiche: little-fort-of-the-cattle-spoil),  Ballydehob, West Cork to Rochester, New York, United States and Waterdown, East Flanboro. Ontario, Canada, with associated families,  Gosnells, Skerkin Island, and Lees and Sheehans, photographs of Sally and William Atteridge, Rochester, born West Cork 18th century, and Protestant Hedge School Masters.

Courtesy John Attridge, London, Ontario family history, the latter part concentrates on the later generations of the family.

There were other Attridges families in the area and a number of lines in Durrus.

The area mentioned in the book, Lisennacreagh and associated townlands would be in the category of ‘Disadvantaged areas’ but in the 18th and 19th century its proximity to the coast with ample supplies of sea sand and seaweed enabled cultivation to the mountain tops.

Much of this marginal area is now forested.  Sherkin and the nearly Islands of Skeagh, Horse and Cape Clear are quite fertile and had enormous populations prior to the Famine in 1847.

The Greenmount, Attridges, Ballydehob were Middlemen and seem to be associated with Jagos in Bantry, O’Driscolls, O’Connors, and Swantons.  A branch of them settled in Skibbereen as drapers and in Glasheen in Cork City from the late 18th century.

When the Rev. Dives Downes, Bishop of Cork, visited the Schull area c 1699 he estimated that there were only a handful of Protestant families West of Skibbereen.  By 1820 the Protestant population was perhaps 20% of the Peninsula in some townlands more.

Some Birth, Marriage and Death Records from 1592 of Church of Ireland, Methodist, Quaker and old Catholic Families, Skibbereen District, West Cork and Rochester, New York.

In 1822, after being in Schull the Reverend Caesar Otway was commenting on a forgotten Plantation and the Protestant being abandoned.

The use of seaweed in farming, Edible seaweeds, rights to harvest seaweed attaching to land in townlands of Brahalish and Rossmoe, Durrus, West Cork, Rev. Caesar Otway 1822 on seaweed use Mount Gabriel/Dunbeacon.

Caesar Otway, Publisher Dublin Penny Journal, Skull to Bantry, 1822.

The Rev Fisher in 1840s writing said that most of the original Protestant in Crookhaven had gone and become ‘Bigoted Romanists’.

View of Tempol na mBocht, (The Church of the Poor, Crookhaven), Mizen Peninsula, West Cork, with Parsonage and Sandboat in Foreground on Pamphlet from Rev. William Fisher 1851, setting out History of St. Brendan’s Church, Built 1714, by Bishop Brown, original Protestants gone over as Romanists their descendant ‘Bitter Romanists’ until lately few Protestants left on ‘Protestant Hill’, Plea for Funds, list of Subscribers.

It is possible that the Attridges like the Swantons came in from around the 1710s.   On the Becher Estate there were Swanton leases quoted from the late 1740s in the Landed Estates Sale of the 1850s.

In Mr Attridge’s book he mentions a Sheehan a schoolmaster in Sherkin Island c 1810. In the lists of teachers in the 1820s a surprising number in Protestant schools were of Catholic origin. These informal schools were at a stretch in the category of hedge schools. These teachers may have converted out of conviction, convenience but most likely on marriage to a Protestant partner as was the case in reverse.https://durrushistory.com/2013/04/30/teachers-of-baronies-of-east-and-west-carbery-bantry-and-bere-west-cork-1826/

Early 19th century farmhouse and outbuildings with 12 pane detail in window at Lisheenacreagh Upper, (Lisín na Creiche:Little fort of the cattle spoil), Ballydehob, West Cork.

Early 19th century farmhouse and outbuildings with 12 pane detail in window at Lisheenacreagh Upper, (Lisín na Creiche:Little fort of the cattle spoil), Ballydehob, West Cork.

From the Mizen/Ivagh and Muintervara/Durrus Peninsulas West Cork, to Rochester, New York, United States, Foundation of Hibernian Benevolent Society Episcopal Church of St. Marks and St. Cyrene Mount Hope Cemetery.

https://plus.google.com/photos/100968344231272482288/albums/6124910036836837745
https://durrushistory.com/2014/01/22/preaching-by-methodist-lay-preacher-william-feckman-lisheenacreagh-ballydehob-west-cork-1834/

https://plus.google.com/photos/100968344231272482288/albums/6124910036836837745

From the Mizen/Ivagh and Muintervara/Durrus Peninsulas West Cork, to Rochester, New York, United States, Foundation of Hibernian Benevolent Society Episcopal Church of St. Marks and St. Cyrene Mount Hope Cemetery.

10 Tuesday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ 3 Comments


Peninsulas:

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Durrus,+Co.+Cork/@51.6497011,-9.4265841,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48459fe7ccd270df:0x231e3744ac95441a

Rochester;

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Rochester,+NY,+USA/@43.1854746,-77.6165028,6z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89d6b3059614b353:0x5a001ffc4125e61e

From the Mizen/Ivagh and Muintervara/Durrus Peninsulas West Cork, to Rochester,New York, United States, Foundation of Hibernian Benevolent Society Episcopal Church of St. Marks and St. Cyrene Mount Hope Cemetery.

Courtesy John Attridge,North America Family History.

Extracts from the Parish Register of St. Marks and St. Simon Cyrene, Episcopal Church, Rochester, New York. United States, for interconnected West Cork families from Schull, Durrus, Drimoleague and Dunmanway areas from c 1830s.

Some Birth, Marriage and Death Records from 1592 of Church of Ireland, Methodist, Quaker and old Catholic Families, Skibbereen District, West Cork and Rochester, New York.

Population Density and Emigration of West Cork Protestant families, from Mizen and Muintervera Peninsulas, to Rochester New York, Wisconsin and Percy Township, Northumberland County, Ontario from early 19th Century.

Extracts from the Parish Register of St. Marks and St. Simon Cyrene, Episcopal Church, Rochester, New York. United States, for interconnected West Cork families from Schull, Durrus, Drimoleague and Dunmanway areas from c 1830s.

3-IMG_1499 2-IMG_1536 1-IMG_1497

Sale of Calf Island and Doneen, Travenes, Aughadown, good for Seaweed, Kelp burning, half Ploughland, Six Gneeves, acquired by Samuel Townsend from Ecclesiastical Commissioners 1837, father of Samuel Nugent Townsend, The Commissioners title arising from ‘All Gorts and Glebe lands acquired since 1688, and lands at Caheragh, Nine Gneeves, Title commencing with Lease of 9,999 years from 1749 from Tonson to Thomas Marmion then occupied by Thomas Wood Esq. by Lease from Robert Sandford, Gentleman, prior to 1850 occupied by Alexander O’Driscoll, Esq.

09 Monday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ 1 Comment


Calf Island:

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Calf+Island+Middle,+Co.+Cork/@51.4787281,-9.5061151,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x484599cfca9db43f:0x938b583cce64bf67

Caheragh:

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Caheragh,+Co.+Cork/@51.6325479,-9.3065158,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4845a797cbacb2a1:0xa00c7a99731ea90

Sale of Calf Island and Doneen, Travenes, Aughadown, good for Seaweed, Kelp burning, half Ploughland, Six Gneeves, acquired by Samuel Townsend from Ecclesiastical Commissioners 1837, father of Samuel Nugent Townsend,  The Commissioners title arising from ‘All Gorts and Glebe lands acquired since 1688, and lands at Caheragh, Nine Gneeves, Title commencing with Lease of 9,999 years from 1749 from Tonson to Thomas Marmion then occupied by Thomas Wood Esq. by Lease from Robert Sandford, Gentleman, prior to 1850  occupied by Alexander O’Driscoll, Esq.

This may the Alexander O’Driscoll who was dismissed as a Justice of the Peace which caused a huge public outcry.

Tonsons are successors to Sir William Hull, Leamcon, Schull, 1600 active in the fishing, shipping and land business originating in the West of England.  The Hull family later spread out to Kinsale and Cork City but branches remained on the Mizen/Iveagh Peninsula.

Marmion Estates:

http://landedestates.nuigalway.ie:8080/LandedEstates/jsp/estate-show.jsp?id=2376

Townsend Family:

http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~townsend/tree/home.php

Caheragh…

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nUxB7KWxzf3lXFhvU-Ua071P2ox3rLA7rP6esrsQthM/edit#gid=0

https://plus.google.com/photos/100968344231272482288/albums/6124334277279613857

Lease of Three Ploughlands at Ballydevlin (Goleen), West Carbery, William Richard Hull, (Descendant of Sir William Hull), Gunpoint to Cornelius Driscoll (likely ancestors of Driscoll/O’Driscoll Middlemen). Alexander O’Driscoll named in numerous Swanton, Attridge, Clerke deeds as witness and his children as lives in Sub Leases from Becher and Other Head Landlords in District.

09 Monday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ 4 Comments


https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Ballydivlin,+Co.+Cork/@51.5046277,-9.6964162,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x484584e67a9565b5:0x2600c7a819c821a2

Lease of Three Ploughlands at Ballydevlin (Goleen), West Carbery, William Richard Hull, (Descendant of Sir William Hull), Gunpoint to Cornelius Driscoll (likely ancestors of Driscoll/O’Driscoll Middlemen).  Alexander O’Driscoll named in numerous Swanton, Attridge, Clerke deeds as witness and his children as lives in Sub Leases from Becher and Other Head Landlords in District.

Courtesy Registry of Deeds Project.

The Lawyer in the Deed is Benjamin Sullivan his wife Bridget Limrick from Schull.  He may be the brother of Laurence Sullivan the Chairman of East India Company

Losses of Sir William Hull Leamcon, Schull, West Cork, 1641 and his Fishery at Newfoundland, part of greater Fishery which suffered from Bank failure in Bilbao in Basque Country 1641, Cornish Mining links.

Genealogy of Limrick family of Schull, West Cork from 1720 with their relations Benjamin Sullivan, (O’Sullivan Mór), Cork, Lawyers, East India Men, MPs

https://durrushistory.com/2015/01/31/leading-families-of-carbery-west-cork-1599-mccarthy-reagh-kilbrittain-omahony-fionnfair-haired-mizen-odriscoll-mor-collymore-schull-odaly-muintervara-kilcrohane-ocrowley-kil/http://members.pcug.org.au/~nickred/deeds/memorial_extract.cgi?my_memorial=163251&my_indexer=SW

Abstract of Deed

Type of deed Date of current deed 17 Feb 1766 Vol Page Memorial
L Date of earlier deed 245 599 163251
No Role(s) in earlier deed(s) Role in current deed(s) Family name Forename Place Occ or title A
A P1 HULL William Richard of Gunpoint, co Cork Esq
B P2 DRISCOLL Cornelius of Collisbea, co Cork gent
C WD FRIEKE James of Skull [ ? ] , co Cork gent
D WD MAHONY Catherine of Lisgriffin, co Cork widow
E WD WM DRISCOLL James of Collistra, co Cork gent
F WM MCCARTHY Thomas of Bandon, co Cork gent
G MCCARTHY Charles of co Cork Commissioner
H MEADE David of co Cork Justice
I BROWNE John of co Cork Justice
Abstract 3 plow lands, Ballydevlyn, barony West Carbery, co Cork
MS Date registered 9 Dec 1766 Date abstract added 20120302

Abstract made by: SW

Gallery

Field Trip – with Jack Roberts

08 Sunday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ Leave a comment

This gallery contains 11 photos.


Originally posted on Roaringwater Journal:
Jack Roberts expounds on holy wells Anybody interested in exploring West Cork will have copies of Jack…

Gallery

Celtic Cousins

08 Sunday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ Leave a comment

This gallery contains 11 photos.


Originally posted on Roaringwater Journal:
Jonathan Ball (right) – Architect, Co-Founder of the Eden Project – and Chorus Master This weekend,…

1853. Report of Charles Thomas, Esq., Manager of Mizen Head and Dhurode Copper Mines on Mines and Mineral to be found in or Upon the Lands of Rathranemore, Rathruananebeg, Quoleaghmore (or Coolaghmore), and Quoleaghbeg, (or Coolaghbeg) opened by Late Colonel Hall, Banaknuckane, Ballydehob, Parish of Schull, Barony of West Carbery. Co. Cork, Estate bounded on south by Ballydehob Mines from which hundreds of tons of Rich Copper Ores have been sold and is in operation

08 Sunday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ Leave a comment


https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Ballydehob,+Co.+Cork/@51.5671547,-9.4715003,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4845a1fdfeb67da7:0xa00c7a99731e680

Report of Charles Thomas, Esq., Manager of Mizen Head and Dhurode Copper Mines on Mines and Mineral to be found in or Upon the Lands of Rathranemore, Rathruananebeg, Quoleaghmore (or Coolaghmore), and Quoleaghbeg, (or Coolaghbeg) opened by Late Colonel Hall, Banaknuckane, Ballydehob, Parish of Schull, Barony of West Carbery. Co. Cork, Estate bounded on south by Ballydehob Mines from which hundreds of tones of Rich Copper Ores have been sold and is in operation

Overview of mining in West Cork, commencement of copper mining, Allihies 1813, Ballycumisk and Horse Island 1814, Balllydehob 1820, Cappagh 1820, Gortavallig Kilrohane pre 1854 and 1890, Barytes Bantry, Scart, Derryinagh, Dereenlomane, Mount Gabriel, Dunbeacon Lead in Ballydehob, Gortycloona/Hollyhill (Bantry), Letter, Skeagh.

1-becher 34h

Maps of Building Plots, Tenants Names, Leases, Rents Dunmanway, West Cork, 1858.

08 Sunday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ Leave a comment


https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Dunmanway,+Co.+Cork/@51.7222571,-9.1118088,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x484501afd195aefd:0xa00c7a99731ffb0

Maps of Building plots, tenants names, leases, rents Dunmanway, West Cork, 1858.  The town was founded by Sir Richard Cox, who rose from  a relatively humble backgound to eminence inLaw.  He developed the linen industry introducing families from North Leitrim and Fermanagh. This is reflected in some of the names McGivern, Maguire, McMullan,  etc.  These are from the sale of the Estate by his descendants.

Gentleman’s Magazine 1749 on Sir Richard Cox and the development of the Linen Industry in Dunmanway, Co.Cork

The ‘Caoin’ lamentation akin to Hebrew Cina in Cork and Kerry from Crofton Croker including for Sir Richard Cox in 1733 mentioning his relations O’Donovans of Bawnlahan, Townsends of White Court Skibbreen, Dunmanway and O’Donoghue, Aughadown, West Cork.

Dunmanway, West Cork, Shuldham Pedrigree from Genealogical Office, Dublin, commencing with marriage of 1713 between Edmund Shuldham, Crown Solicitor to Mary McCarthy Spannigh.

https://plus.google.com/photos/100968344231272482288/albums/6123821142749797121

Hollybrook House, Skibbereen, Co. Cork, Greenhouse and Vinery 1852 Residence of Richard Henry Hedges Becher, Esq., with Plans.

07 Saturday Mar 2015

Posted by durrushistory in Uncategorized

≈ 3 Comments


https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hollybrook+Lodge,+Skibbereen,+Co.+Cork,+Ireland/@51.5745633,-9.2639296,21z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4845a60b9206d56d:0x3fd52224cb100b7a

Hollybrook House, Skibbereen, Co. Cork, Greenhouse and Vinery 1852 Residence of Richard Henry Hedges Becher, Esq., with Plans.

 

Magistrate:

Richard Henry Hedges Beecher Esq., Pre 1838, listed 1838,  Hollybrook, Skibbereen,  sitting Skibbereen, 1835, Came into possession pre 1833 very neglected set about improving.  In re organising compensated tenants according to Ulster Custom.  Engaged in road building.  Abolished rundale system.  Subscriber Lewis Topographical Dictionary of Ireland 1837. Attending Protestant Conservative Society meeting 1832. Bandon Brunswick Constitutional Club 1828.  Anti-Repeal Meeting, Dunmanway 1845.  Skibbereen 1847 distress meeting. Presentment sessions Ballydehob 1845. Signed ‘No Popery Petition 1851’. 1866 Freemason Skibbereen 15th Lodge.  Long litigation with Lord Bandon added to financial woes over townland of Rathooragh near Mount Gabriel.  Imprisoned but later freed by his creditors 1848.  The Hollybrook estate was sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1851, 17,000 acres, 42 townlands, 8 parishes, debts in 52 charges amounting to £52,275. The sale realised £52,080.  It was estimated that the rent of £4,500 per annum represent only 25% of the value of market rents but two thirds  were given long leases on low rents  with a capital sum in the 1794 to families such as the Ballydehob Swantons.

http://landedestates.nuigalway.ie:8080/LandedEstates/jsp/estate-show.jsp?id=2436

2-hedge 4 3-hedge 5 1-hedge 3-001 1-hedge 3

← Older posts
Newer posts →

Blog Stats

  • 862,268 hits

16th Regiment of Foot assisted female emigration australia ballyclough bantry bay caithness legion cavan regiment of militia cheshire fencibles coppinger's court inbhear na mbearc Irish words in use 1930s lord lansdowne's regiment mallow melbourne ned kelly new brunswick O'Dalys Bardic Family. o'regan Personal Memoirs rosscarbery schull sir redmond barry sir walter coppinger st. johns sydney Townlands treaty of limerick Uncategorized university of Melbourne victoria

16th Regiment of Foot assisted female emigration australia ballyclough bantry bay caithness legion cavan regiment of militia cheshire fencibles coppinger's court inbhear na mbearc Irish words in use 1930s lord lansdowne's regiment mallow melbourne ned kelly new brunswick O'Dalys Bardic Family. o'regan Personal Memoirs rosscarbery schull sir redmond barry sir walter coppinger st. johns sydney Townlands treaty of limerick Uncategorized university of Melbourne victoria
Follow West Cork History on WordPress.com
Follow West Cork History on WordPress.com

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 520 other subscribers

Feedjit

  • durrushistory's avatar durrushistory

Archives

  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • June 2023
  • May 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • December 2022
  • November 2022
  • October 2022
  • September 2022
  • August 2022
  • July 2022
  • June 2022
  • May 2022
  • April 2022
  • March 2022
  • February 2022
  • January 2022
  • December 2021
  • November 2021
  • October 2021
  • September 2021
  • August 2021
  • July 2021
  • June 2021
  • May 2021
  • April 2021
  • March 2021
  • February 2021
  • January 2021
  • December 2020
  • November 2020
  • October 2020
  • September 2020
  • August 2020
  • July 2020
  • June 2020
  • May 2020
  • April 2020
  • March 2020
  • February 2020
  • January 2020
  • December 2019
  • November 2019
  • October 2019
  • September 2019
  • August 2019
  • July 2019
  • June 2019
  • May 2019
  • April 2019
  • March 2019
  • February 2019
  • January 2019
  • December 2018
  • November 2018
  • October 2018
  • September 2018
  • August 2018
  • July 2018
  • June 2018
  • May 2018
  • April 2018
  • March 2018
  • February 2018
  • January 2018
  • December 2017
  • November 2017
  • October 2017
  • September 2017
  • August 2017
  • July 2017
  • June 2017
  • May 2017
  • April 2017
  • March 2017
  • February 2017
  • January 2017
  • December 2016
  • November 2016
  • October 2016
  • September 2016
  • August 2016
  • July 2016
  • June 2016
  • May 2016
  • April 2016
  • March 2016
  • February 2016
  • January 2016
  • December 2015
  • November 2015
  • October 2015
  • September 2015
  • August 2015
  • July 2015
  • June 2015
  • May 2015
  • April 2015
  • March 2015
  • February 2015
  • January 2015
  • December 2014
  • November 2014
  • October 2014
  • September 2014
  • August 2014
  • July 2014
  • June 2014
  • May 2014
  • April 2014
  • March 2014
  • February 2014
  • January 2014
  • December 2013
  • November 2013
  • October 2013
  • September 2013
  • August 2013
  • July 2013
  • June 2013
  • May 2013
  • April 2013
  • March 2013
  • February 2013
  • January 2013
  • November 2012
  • October 2012
  • September 2012
  • August 2012
  • July 2012
  • June 2012
  • May 2012
  • April 2012
  • March 2012
  • February 2012
  • January 2012
  • December 2011
  • November 2011
  • October 2011

Blog at WordPress.com.

  • Subscribe Subscribed
    • West Cork History
    • Join 520 other subscribers
    • Already have a WordPress.com account? Log in now.
    • West Cork History
    • Subscribe Subscribed
    • Sign up
    • Log in
    • Report this content
    • View site in Reader
    • Manage subscriptions
    • Collapse this bar
 

Loading Comments...