1684. John Bourk, Phylomath, Almanac, With Faires and Markets, of Ireland, 10th April Bandon, August Enniskeane, Timoleague.
Some earlier Fairs:
Gurteenasowna (510 acres) Goirtin na Sabhna- Little field of the savin. At Southside is Gearranbaun- Gearan Ban (white incline) where fairs were held.
Moreagh (261 acres) Magh Riabhach- Grey or cold plain. Bealaboy- Beal Atha Buidhe (mouth of the yellow ford) is a ford on the Bandon River between this townland and Nedinagh West. It was noted for its great fair which was sometimes called Aonach Randal Og (Randal Oges fair) from charter granted by James 1 to Randal Og O Hurley in 1615 to hold a fair there.
Nedinagh East (426 acres) Nead an Fhiaidh- Haunt or lair of the deer. Here at the north side of Fanlobbus graveyard-Fan Leaba Ois (slope of the fawns bed) in which are the ruins of the old parish church. Fanlobbus was in early times the centre of the parish as it holds the remains of a 7th century religious house. In the graveyard is a famine pit with the remains of some of the victims of the famine of 1847. Randal Óg Hurley, who built Ballinacarriga Castle, is buried here. Fanlobbus church, which has been taken over for Protestant service, was closed in 1700 and a new place of worship was opened in the town by Sir Richard Cox. This served to 1821. Fearann na hAbhann – Land of the river, Fearann na gCeart- Land of rights and Land of rights and Fearann na gCaorach- Land of the sheep are old divisions of Nedineagh. At the north side is Toberabastia- Tobar a ‘Bhaiste (well of the baptisms). In 1615 Tadhg an Fhorsa McCarthy was granted a patent to hold an annual fair here. At the other side was the fair green.