1787, Estate of Sir John Freke, Bart, Town of Clonakilty, Tenants Named by Street.
Tenants Clonakilty and Baltimore, details of adjoining landowners being updated as transcribed:
FrekeCarbery Estate 1788, Clonakilty
Early Genealogy of Sir Teague O’Regan of Balltnaclohy and Gortniglogh, Killeenlea, near Leap, Carbery West Cork, Temporary holding of lands from 1615 by Sir Walter Coppinger, loss by forfeiture and subsequent restoration under Articles of Treaty of Limerick 1690, later family including fashionable Dr. O’Regan of Mallow and Legal Luminaries, friend of Daniel O’Connell. Estates finally sold by descendants Cagney family early 20th century to tenants.
Some of the extended later family prominent in law or as Harley Street, London specialists.
General area of Leap the old townland names do not feature on modern mapping:
Transcription may not be 100% accurate.
In terms of business tan yards, malt houses the embryo linen industry bleach yard of Darby Carthy, Tan Yard Lane. The resilience of the Galweys is remarkable. Their lands in the area forfeit due to rebellion pre 1700 here they are clearly thriving.
Pingback: Genealogy of the The O’Hea Family of South West Cork from c 1295 AD. | West Cork History