There is a very substantial number of buildings, at the old O’Sullivan (Hurrig) farm in Tedagh, Parish of Durrus. ‘Big Jim’ of the family sold and left for East Cork c 1959. The family who make ‘Tedagh Candles’ lived there until the 1970s after which time the house and building were abandoned. Now they are falling prey to Japanese Knotweed and forestry.
A Good Sheltry Farm gone to Forestry, Upper Tedagh, Durrus/Bantry,Homeplace of Sullivan/O’Sullivan family (Hurrigs), some claim Descent from O’Sullivan Bere from 1777 marriage of Michael Sullivan with Mary Vickery and some property dealings of the family.
The last of the family to live there was ‘Big Jim’ who moved to Glenville, East Cork c 1957. This branch of the O’Sullivans descend from the 1777 marriage of Michael Sullivan who was a Heart Tax Collector, and had an interest in various lots of land to Mary…
View original post 62 more words