Early Ordnance Survey Map Showing Site of McCarthy Castle, Scart, Bantry, Silver Mines, Lead Mines on Hutchinson Estate.
Died March 1634. Daniel Teige McCarthy (Muclagh), of Belamoyre (Durrus Court, Gearhameen, Durrus), West Cork, Buried Abbey Bantry, Family Lands Later forfeit Formery (c1710 to 1910) part of the Western Bandon Estate. Recorded in Ulster Office 1636.
Major John Reid’s Grant, Patent enrolled 14th January 1666. Basis for Evanson later Lord Bandon Durrus Estate lands Derrycloughshagh (South part), Dromunder of Drominihy, Munane, Toughbane, Cappagh, Colshateriffe alias Clasnatariffe, Moulerane, Castleventry (part), Coarquolaghy or Coorecolaghy (Coolculaghta, Durrus?), Coolenslonge (part) bounded on the west with Tully and Kealty (Tullagh/Kealties Durrus), on the south by the sea on the east by Clony (Clonee/Durrus), on the north and north west with unprofitable mountains al in Carbery. Total acreage (statute) was 6,069 which included an odd particle of a few hundred acres rent £56 17s 11d.
Father/Reverend Daniel McCarthy, ’An tAthair Tadgh Na Muclagh’, Trilingual (Irish, English, French) Formerly Parish Priest Durrus, West Cork 1790, Marriage to Sarah Blair, of Blair’s Cove, Durrus, and His Petitions to Dublin Castle, Genealogies.