|Major John Reid’s Grant, Patent enrolled 14th January 1666. Basis for Evanson later Lord Bandon Estate.||1704 Bishop Downes tour mentions Landowners, Lord Anglesea, Bernards, Colonel Freke, Earl of Cork, Evansons, Hutchins, Earl of Cork has tithes of 12 ploughlands in this parish the otherhalf belong to the Vicar. The Vicar has all the other tithes amounting in all to £28 a year. The whoe Parish has 28 ploughlands.||Major John Reid, lands Derrycloughshagh (South part), Dromunder of Drominihy, Munane, Toughbane, Cappagh, Colshateriffe alias Clasnatariffe, Moulerane, Castleventry (part), Coarquolaghy or Coorecolaghy (Coolculaghta, Durrus?), Coolenslonge (part) bounded on the west with Tully and Kealty (Tullagh/Kealties Durrus), on the south by the sea on the east by Clony (Clonee/Durrus), on the north and north west with unprofitable mountains all in Carbery. Total acerage 9 statute) was 6,069 which included an odd particle of a few hundred acres rent £56 17s 11d|
1661. John Reed/Reed, Member Parliament, Bandonbridge, Coolnelonge (Durrus Court).
Paddy O’Keeffe, Bantry Businessman and historian has this reference. It is not in the official history of the Irish Parliament. However Colonel Reid, a Cromwellian was awarded the forfeit Estates of the O’Sullivans and McCarthys. The Durrus estates came into the possession of the Evansons c 1690 and to the Bandon Bernards c 1710 who then leased back to Evanson.
Coolnalong is in the townland of Gearhameen the location of the substantial McCarthy (Mucklagh) Castle later know as Durrus Court