• Ahagouna (Irish: Ath Gamhna, meaning ‘Ford of the calves’). In Clashadoo town land.
• Ardogeena (152 acres) (Irish: Ard na Gaoine, meaning ‘Height of the flint stones’). On the east side is Lisdromaloghera (Irish: Lios Drom Luachra, meaning ‘Fort of the rushy ridge’)
• Ballycomane (1349 acres) (Irish: Baile an Chumain, meaning ‘town of the little valley’). Part of it is Ballinwillin with a boulder burial,with the remains of a millrace which may have been used by monks at the nearby church of Mouliward, ringfort and standing stone pair. Mass rock in Vincent Hurley’s farm. Former graveyard in Sam Attridge’s lands no remains. The oldest family are probably the Hurleys (Vincents), they moved from Ballnacarriga outside Dunmanway and Darby Hurley who held Ballycomane Middle was evicted by Lord Carbery when a rent payment was missed, the farm was then given to the Vickerys c 1770…
View original post 1,367 more words