Extract from the Records of St. James, Durrus, West Cork, 1797 to 1827, from an Old Parchment in the Dublin Office, copied before their Destruction at the Public Records Office, Dublin, 1922, names mentioned Kingston, Shannon, Whitley, Croston, Baker, Webb, from Cole Family History.
Some of the names are associated with the weaving industry.
The Cole holding around 70 acres about 1 mile on the Durrus Dunbeacon Road the house occupied by the late Dr. Gallagher.
Family members included the author of a revised history of the Dioceses of Cork and Ross, who may also have written extensively about the history of Innishannon. Another became the head of the Methodist Church in Ireland in Belfast.