1853, Sale of Estate of Arthur Hutchinson, died Intestate of Townlands, Durrus/Bantry, West Cork, of Derrivahallow, Killovinogue, Clonee, Aghoheen, Parkanagh, part Moulavard, Gurtyclona, Letterlickey East, Middle and West, Lead Mines at Killovinlgue and Gurtyclona operational, Three Leases (one 1806 to William Swanton, Ballydehob), held for lives of persons now advanced in Life and a very Considerable Rise is expected on their Falling in, Possible connection to Partial Norman Conquest.
The Hutchinsons were connected by marriage with the Ballydehob Swantons and alos probably to Richard Roycroft in Clonee in the 1790s. His will was copied by Welpy prior to 1922.
An earlier affray on the Estate:
The Normans had a toe hold in the area around Bantry (Donemark), and up the Durrus River to Letterlickey/Aughaville/Colomane an up the Illen River to Caheragh. Some of the local names Burke, Goggin,Barrett are Norman.
In the records of the Cathedral of St. Finbarrs in Cork there are ledgers going back to the 1780s acknowledging tithes which belonged to the Cathedral. Included apart from areas around Bantry, KIlcrohane, Ballydehob and Schull is Letterlickey. This may have come to the Cathedral via the Waterford Abbeys founded by the Normans. Also on the boundary is the ancient church of Moulivard once the main population cluster prior to 1600.
In a Carbery Estate Map of the 1788 of Ballycomane, Durrus these townlands are shown as owned by Hutchinson:
Tithe Aplottments 1820s: