https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Ardogeena,+Co.+Cork/@51.6122037,-9.5242018,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48459fb8f9c0f5c7:0x7554b4a819007bca

Tenants:

Tithe Aplottments 1820s:

http://www.corkgen.org/publicgenealogy/cork/titheapplot/durrus/tithe.html

Griffith:

The Duke of Devonshire commenced an action in 1854 in the Encumbered Estates Court to confirm that lands to be disposed of by Nathaniel Evanson did not include minerals.

The land was originally sold by the Duke’s predecessor on title, Edward Boyle and his wife Mary by way of lease for 500 years from the 21st May 1626.  The property including 3 ploughlands at Drumreagh, Dromelower and Ardgenane in Durrus including Murreagh was acquired by the Earl of Burlington and Cork and Sir William Heathcote who disposed of it to Richard Tonson in 1738 included as part of the Manorial rights to the Lord of the Manor of  Ballydehob including the Durrus lands.  In 1765 the Durrus lands were demised to Richard Tonson Evanson and renewed by Lord Baron Riversdale to Nathaniel Evanson in 1811,

The Duke succeeded in his claim.  The papers are in the National Library, Lismore papers 1854 List Ms43, 964.

Leasehold Deed 4th September 1765, three Ploughlands at Murreagh, Ardogna, Dromreagh between Richard Tonson, Dunkettle, Cork and Richard Evanson, life interest to his wife Elizabeth (nee Shaw father woollen draper Cork?) son Nathaniel late Murreagh, all Evansons Four Mile Water, not clear if there are two Nathaniels one a party the other a witness.

The property devolves from William Hull/Boyle though the Tonson illegitimate line probably originally either a mortgage or forfeit O’Mahony holding.  The main house 2015 is still occupied.  Mrs Beamish a successor lived there during the Famine and was noted for her benevolence and relief work.

Registry of Deeds 246 102 157389

The Duke of Devonshire commenced an action in 1854 in the Encumbered Estates Court to confirm that lands to be disposed of by Nathaniel Evanson did not include minerals.

The land was originally sold by the Duke’s predecessor on title, Edward Boyle and his wife Mary by way of lease for 500 years from the 21st May 1626.  The property including 3 ploughlands at Drumreagh, Dromelower and Ardgenane in Durrus including Murreagh was acquired by the Earl of Burlington and Cork and Sir William Heathcote who disposed of it to Richard Tonson in 1738 included as part of the Manorial rights to the Lord of the Manor of  Ballydehob including the Durrus lands.  In 1765 the Durrus lands were demised to Richard Tonson Evanson and renewed by Lord Baron Riversdale to Nathaniel Evanson in 1811,

The Duke succeeded in his claim.  The papers are in the National Library, Lismore papers 1854 List Ms43, 964.

Leasehold Deed 4th September 1765, three Ploughlands at Murreagh, Ardogna, Dromreagh between Richard Tonson, Dunkettle, Cork and Richard Evanson, life interest to his wife Elizabeth (nee Shaw father woollen draper Cork?) son Nathaniel late Murreagh, all Evansons Four Mile Water, not clear if there are two Nathaniels one a party the other a witness.

The property devolves from William Hull/Boyle though the Tonson illegitimate line probably originally either a mortgage or forfeit O’Mahony holding.  The main house 2015 is still occupied.  Mrs Beamish a successor lived there during the Famine and was noted for her benevolence and relief work.

Registry of Deeds 246 102 157389