1605 Acquisition of Interest in Certain Church Properties at Schull, Myross, Killemuck Barony of Carbery and Garryvoe by Sir (Great Earl of Cork) Richard Boyle.
These properties and those at Bantry, Durrus, Kilcrohane were held by the College of Youghal and St. Catherine’s of Waterford. Presumably a legacy of small Norman incursions. Some of these properties appear at late as 1780 in the account books of the Cathedral of St. Finbarrs Cork and are available for inspection at the RCB Library in Dublin
This is from a commentary by Dr. Richard Caulfield of Dr. Smith’s History of Cork