Remember the Children who were Baptised in This Ancient Font on Cape Clear Island before 1925 and at Teampol na mBocht (The Altar) since 1935
Courtesy Eamonn Langford, a tireless scholar:
The Baptism Font in Altar, Church of Ireland, Aughadown, Skibbereen, Co. Cork was removed from St. Kieran’s Chapel of Ease, Glen Middle, Cape Clear Island in 1933 when the chapel was taken down and its fine cut stone transferred by boat to Schull and used in the building of the Munster and Leinster Bank in there. The bank building was up to recenly known as Allied Irish Bank. The Church of Ireland chapel at Cape Clear was built by the Island and Coast Society c. 1849 and consecrated c. 1853.