From University College Galway, database.
The Bandon estate recovered Durrus lands on the expiration of the Evanson’s lease c1850. The estate extended from Crottees to Brahalish and included the village which the estate rebuilt c1850.
In the Bandon Estate papers there is a lease from Bernard to Charles and Nathaniel Evanson and Jeremy Cough(l)an (probably of Carrigmanus/Crookhaven their cousin) of lands at Gerhameen, Coller, Rathmore and Rosavanny for 31 years from the 30th October 1727.
The estate donated the site of the present Catholic church c1899.
In the late 19th century Lord Bandon used Durrus Court as a summer residence. The family maintained gamekeepers in areas such as Coomkeen, the Burke family.
The rental registers of the estate covering the Durrus lands from 1850 were rescued some years ago and are currently in the Cork Archives Institute but are awaiting restoration.
FAMILY: BERNARD (EARL OF BANDON)
View original post 188 more words