Subscribers to the New Church at O’Donovan’s Cove (Rosnacaheragh Ahakista), West Cork, 1826, including Major contribution from Messrs, Beamish and Crawford, Brewers, Cork, Stained Glass provided later By Arundel Family and Rosnacaheraagh National School 1885. In the photographs, the back windows are in the style of if not the early 19th century windows. Members of the Arundel family associated with the church are buried in the grounds.
Beamish and Crawford were until 1833 the largest brewery in Ireland:
The O’Donovans referred to were the local landlords and unusually Catholics, they held the land from around 1750, Fort Lodge is still extant on a hill in poor condition and currently for sale. Wises are probably the Cork Distilling family of the North Mall. The Galweys may have bantry connections. The Tobins were a prominent Kilcrohane family.
The Evansons were landlords and the Rev. Alleyn Evanson, living at Durrus Court…
View original post 140 more words