Justices of the Peace, Co. Cork, 1664-1800, from Lord Chancellor’s Warrants in the Crown and Hanaper’s Office pre 1870.
This was first collected by AJ Fetherstonhaugh and after his death completed by H F Berry. The office of the Hanaper was abolished in the Judicial Refors c 1870.
From 1897 JCHAS.
Looking at the name profile from 1661 to 1686 the names are Planter from then to 1690 the old Cork Merchant family names Norman, Danish and Gaelic appear. From 1690 the names are Protestant mainly Planter the odd Huguenot but with a smattering of Norman and Gaelic who conformed to the Church of Ireland.