Outer reach of Norman Conquest in West Cork, Caheragh in ownership pre 1317 of John de Cogan, cluster of Norman surnames in area Burke, Barrett, Goggin, devolution of Townlands to Monasteries of Youghal and Waterford.
From Maziere Brady’s history of Cork Dioceses online Cork and Present:
Maziere Brady de Cogan Rotated Caheragh Scanned MEE Image
The Cathedral of St. Finbarrs, in Cork, succeeded in title to some of the old Norman lands including the townland of Letterlickey nearby as well as lands in Schull. Kilcrohane and the Bantry area.
Reblogged this on West Cork History.
Pingback: 1699 Rent Roll of Diocese of Cork, including, Bantry, Calve Islands, Crookhaven, Dunmanway (Nedineaghbeg), Innishannon, Kilbrogan, Kinneagh, Priest Leap with Obligation to Serve in Manor Court of Aughadown | West Cork History