In issue 16 of ‘The Archive’, the Journal of the Cork Northside Folklore Project, there is an article about the Crowley Music family and shop in McCurtain Street, Cork.
It relates how in the 1926, Henry Ford (1863-1947) the Motor Magnate, sent a set of uileann pipes, belonging to his father William (1826-1905) for repair. The pipes are reputedly in the Ford Museum in Detroit on display.
The Fords occupied a 23 acre farm on the Bence Jones estate at Lisellan near Ballinascarty, before emigrating to the US, the rest is history.
The implication in the article was that William was able to play the pipes a matter that might yield further research.